Last Month I turned 24. It’s not a mile stone but still significant in its own right. In 24 years I have grown my knowledge, learnt valuable lessons and developed skills. Although most would say my journey is in its early stages, there are a few points in life in which I have already made my mind up on. I actually got this blog post idea from a gorgeous friend of mine. Check her blog out if you want to re-defy and expand what you think you know about music. www.dovesdiary.com
Here’s 24 things I think are invaluable and worth noting down….
1. Take care of your body, it’s the only one you have and will ever get.
2. Thank others. Regardless of whether someone holds a door open for you or saves you life. Always say thank you.
3. Let go of grudges. They only make you bitter and angry.
4. Don’t fit your goals to accommodate your circumstances. Adjust your circumstances to accommodate your goals.
5. Realize your features are what you were born with. That big nose you think you have or those ‘no-gap’ having thighs are all part of you. They come from some who lived before you whether it be your mother or as far back as your great-great grandfather.
6.Once in awhile make an indulgent purchase. Shoes, Books, furniture whatever make you momentarily happy.
7. Your allowed sad days once in a blue moon. On these days stay home, eat popcorn and watch a movie. Tomorrow is a brand new day.
8.Always help the elderly. Whether they need it or not, at least offer.
9. When people come to your house offer tea/coffee/water whatever. Don’t let this act of politeness fade away.
10. Expand your music collection. You would be amazed what golden songs stay out of your radio stations rotation.
11. Say yes sometimes even when you feel like saying no. You never know what could eventuate and it could be beautiful.
12. There is never a RIGHT time to do anything e.g have kids. If things happen then they are meant to be and you either fall because of it or rise to the challenge.
13. When bad things happen (which they do), Take it. Embrace it. Then move on with your life…
14. Spend time with family or the ones that are just as close. If I need to explain why then It’s obvious you need to do this ASAP.
15. Make an effort for good friends. The amount of good friends you have you can normally count on one hand.
16. Cut back on the cheap fast-food. It’s like a one-night stand. Every so often it relives a craving but have it too much and you’ll regret it every time.
17. Your parents/family should be your only role models.
18.Don’t go to over priced cafes just because of the statues. Go if the food is actually good. Majority of my favourite spots are hidden in underground food courts and cheap as anything. Expensive does not mean good.
19. Staying on the subject of food, be open. Try other cultural tastes and dining experiences.
20. The world nor anyone in it owes you anything. Unless they borrowed money and you want it back, but other than that…..
21.Before you react to anything, take a step back. Swallow your pride and look at it from another perspective. This way you can react truthfully and unbiasedly.
22. Exercise. Even I hate this one but without some form of exercise you’ll become lazy and lazy people don’t survive in a Zombie Apocalypse
23. Smile at strangers.
24. Just do nice things for others. Why? Because it’s just a damn nice thing to do. There doesn’t always have to be something in it for you.